Agana Guam BPOElks Lodge #1281.
Lodge instituted sometime between 1912 and 1913.
for current contact information.
- 1922 elks Magazine article on three far flung
lodges. Includes Guam, Alaska and the Panama Canal. Click
adobe pdf format.
- Trivia- on Jan. 4, 1942, the Agana, Guam,
Lodge No. 1281 was overrun; 489 Elk members and their families spent the
remainder of the war in Japanese concentration camps.
- When the Philippines and Guam
fell to the Japanese, the Elks provided aid for members and their families of
Manila Lodge No. 761 and Agana Lodge No. 1281.
- First Captured, Last Freed- Memoirs of a P. O.
W. in World War II .. Click here to go to this interesting book
Google Books Result. It includes the writers comments on the Japanese
occupation of Guam.
- Elks are hotspot for shuffleboard. Click
|Pictures taken July 2007
||Thanks To Carl Robinson for
making these pictures available.
Return to historic
Return Salisbury Home